On our recent road trip to see the Great Ocean Road we braved the cold Victorian nights as we camped in our swags. After a few nights of roughing it, we were looking forward to checking into our Discovery Holiday Parks Geelong cabin and having a hot shower. And the kids were looking forward to having a ‘home base’ and some downtime after days of driving.
Discovery Holiday Parks Geelong
Checking into Discovery Holiday Parks, we were greeted by the very friendly and welcoming park managers. I had to ring prior to us arriving just in case we missed reception hours as we were going to be arriving a little late and she even offered to go and turn the heater on so the cabin was warm for us when we arrived. Upon arriving, you immediately get the feeling the managers of this park want to ensure you feel at home, comfortable and have a great time. They achieved this!
Pulling up to our home-away-from-home, we were keen to see what our little cabin looked like on the inside. First impressions were ‘this is great!’
We were staying in the Deluxe Cabin and there was more than enough living space and seating that all six of us were comfortable. Plus a nice big deck with an additional table and seating outside; the perfect place to unwind after a day of adventure.
The kitchen was modern, reasonably sized and self-contained. The bathroom was a fantastic size and was fitted with a large shower. The main bed was queen size and there were two sets of bunks for the kids. Like I said, more than enough space for us all!
The breakfast packs we were given were a great touch that the kids loved and they saved us having to organise breakfast for the first morning.
Our cabin was modern, comfortable and clean.
As you would expect from a Geelong caravan park or holiday park, it has everything you need, even if you are camping or caravanning. The roads are nice and wide and the spaces are large and allow enough room for your trailer/van and car.
• Amenities – the showers are hot and untimed. Flushing toilets.
• Laundry – washing machines, dryers and clotheslines. Run on $1 coins.
• Swimming pool – not heated.
• Playground. There is also another massive park/playground across the road.
• WiFi – FREE. We could use it in our cabin but the signal was not very strong, it is strongest in the activity room.
• Activity room – you can watch TV, play arcade games or just chill out with the free wifi.
• Camp kitchen – everything you need from stoves, ovens, fridges, tables and chairs, sinks and even a TV. It is quite large and fully enclosed so it is out of the elements and flies.
• BBQ areas
This park is surprisingly quiet considering it is in a city. It is the optimal location for those who are staying the night before getting on the Great Ocean Road. If you want to head to the beach or into the city centre, it is not within walking distance so you will have to drive.
The Discovery Holiday Parks Geelong is tidy and you can see great care is taken in the grounds. I would recommend this Geelong caravan park for anyone camping, caravanning, wanting a cabin or otherwise. It has everything you need.
PIN THIS POST:
Disclosure: Our stay was complimentary for the purpose of this review.
All opinions are honest and our own.
They love sharing their 4wding, camping and travel experiences. Not just limited to the great outdoors though, Happy Go Travel also enjoy the city lights and the finer things in life.
Latest posts by Happy Go Travel (see all)
- Stedi Type-X PRO Review – LED Driving Lights - 21/07/2019
- OZtrail Deluxe Double Bunk Bed – Camping Stretcher Review - 16/06/2019
- OZtrail Fiesta Compact 2.4 Gazebo Review - 10/04/2019