We recently found ourselves in Warrnambool after exploring the Great Ocean Road. There was quite a lot to see in the area so we decided to spend a couple of nights in town.
We stayed at the Discovery Holiday Park Warrnambool because of its convenient location. For starters, there were so many great kids’ playgrounds nearby which was great for them to stretch their legs and run free after hours of travelling.
Discovery Holiday Park Warrnambool
As we pulled up to reception, even though it was raining, the grounds in the Warrnambool caravan park looked fresh and well cared for. The reception was modern and welcoming with happy staff. We were excited to see what our cabin looked like, particularly after how nice our accommodation was at the Discovery Parks Geelong.
Deluxe Cabin – Sleeps 6
Pulling up to our Warrnambool accommodation, we passed families setting up their tents and caravans while kids rode their bikes around the park in the rain. It was great to see everyone having a great time, regardless of the weather.
We stayed in the Deluxe Cabin which sleeps six people. Perfect for our family. We walked through the door and while there was definitely enough beds, the cabin itself was a bit outdated and could use a freshen up.
The kitchen and living room is open-plan which helped create more space to move around and being self-contained it was great for meals. The bathroom was quite small and was really only large enough for one person at a time.
The main bed was queen size and the second room had two sets of bunks which were perfect for the kids! There was enough bedding for everyone but space wise it was pretty cramped when we were all there. Under the bunks, there was enough room to store bags and the main bedroom had drawers for storage which was quite handy.
Our cabin had all the essentials to stay there and it was clean and tidy.
The Discovery Holiday Park Warrnambool has all the facilities holiday-makers could want and need.
• Amenities – the showers are untimed, hot and clean with flushing toilets.
• Laundry – washing machines and dryers. Run on $1 coins.
• Swimming pool – heated.
• Playground – there is a fun playground at the front of the Warrnambool Discovery Park and there are also a couple of other massive playgrounds down the road.
• Activity room – you can play arcade games or have a game of pool.
• Camp kitchen – there is a stove, oven, microwave and BBQ’s. In addition to fridges, tables and chairs and a sink. It is quite large and has plenty of bench space.
This Warrnambool caravan park is in a convenient location for those wanting to explore the area or spend time discovering the Great Ocean Road. The shops are only a short drive away if you need to pick up a few essentials and the area is nice and quiet.
The grounds and facilities at Discovery Holiday Park Warrnambool are well-maintained and beautiful. I would recommend this Warrnambool caravan park for anyone caravanning or camping. It has everything you need for an enjoyable family holiday!
PIN THIS POST:
Disclosure: Our stay was complimentary for the purpose of this review.
All opinions are honest and our own.
They love sharing their 4wding, camping and travel experiences. Not just limited to the great outdoors though, Happy Go Travel also enjoy the city lights and the finer things in life.
Latest posts by Happy Go Travel (see all)
- Holidaying Off-Peak Will Change the Way you Travel (for the better) - 22/01/2020
- 12v Dual Battery Setup – What You Need to Know - 12/12/2019
- OZtrail Nullarbor Sleeping Bag Review - 07/10/2019