Camping is about having fun, relaxing and enjoying yourself, not spending hours getting your camping setup perfect. Avoid the arguments, follow these five tips for a quick (and stress-free) camper trailer setup!
We are not the kind of campers that set up and stay put for a week. We tend to move along from place to place with the intent to see as much as we possibly can in the time we have. As a result this means constant setting up and packing away; so we’ve come up with a few systems to streamline the whole camper trailer setup process and we are sure they can help you too.
Get your camper trailer setup right
Getting the setup of your camper trailer right doesn’t take a lot of effort. It is about working smarter and not harder.
- Get organised – Think about everything you are going to need easy access to and ensure it is easily accessible. Organise it so that majority of your gear doesn’t need to come out of the trailer as the less stuff that comes out, the less gear that needs to go back in.
For us, packing our camping equipment in an organised manner is simple because the model of Black Series camper trailers we purchased has endless storage options.
- Get it all out – Open the camper trailer up and remove all the camping gear you are going to need for the night before setting up the tent. This is particularly important if the tent folds out over lockers. It will prevent you having to fight with the tent later to get your items out. This is also a great way to get the kids involved and setting up whatever they can.
- Main tent poles in tent – Keep the poles you need to set up the main tent inside on the bed. This tip makes camping setups so much easier as you have the poles at hand.
For us, four spreader bars and two uprights and it’s all done.
- Beds ready to go – When you pack the trailer away, stack all of the bedding you are going to need on the main bed. This allows you to simply throw the kids mattresses down with their sleeping bags, add pillows and you’re good to go. It’s such a time saver never having to roll up another sleeping bag or mattress!
- Gazebo over annex – Not only does this tip save you time, it also saves a lot of space and weight by eliminating the need for the 30 annex poles and all the extra canvas and gear required to set it up. This is a no brainer if you don’t need the extra room, which we don’t. We use an OZtrail Fiesta gazebo and this is by far our best time saving advantage as the gazebo sets up in about 2 minutes. It has saved us in the rain, sheltered us from the heat and created privacy in a fraction of time the annex would have.
Your camper trailer setup doesn’t have to be difficult and it shouldn’t take you away from enjoying a cold stubbie in front of the fire. If you’re like us and your love of adventure prevents you from staying in one campground for several nights, follow these five simple tips to streamline your camper trailer setup.
Tell us below – What are your tips for a quick camper trailer setup?
They love sharing their 4wding, camping and travel experiences. Not just limited to the great outdoors though, Happy Go Travel also enjoy the city lights and the finer things in life.
Latest posts by Happy Go Travel (see all)
- LED headlight upgrade – Stedi Project LED bulbs - 08/08/2019
- Stedi Type-X PRO Review – LED Driving Lights - 21/07/2019
- OZtrail Deluxe Double Bunk Bed – Camping Stretcher Review - 16/06/2019